Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got the music for the much loved (and hated) tune?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,859 Posts
You mean the one the Coasters made famous or the one Benny Hill Used?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
boots has a great book called " boots randoph's rock and roll saxophone" that has a full transcription of the tenor part along with a lot of other stuff. he has chapters devoted to major, minor, dominant,and blues scales. another chapter on technique, articulation, tone, and ear training.
stuff on tircks of the trade like growl, pops, etc. also a very good interview . worth the 16.95 for the book and cd. the cd includes a playalong for yakety sax.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,859 Posts
Don't forget the great King Curtis played the classic solo on the Coasters Yakety Yak.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
in the book boots explains the origin of the song and what it did for his career. did you know boots played the awesome rock sax solo in " rockin around the christmas tree? "
boots was originally a jazz saxophonist who loved rock but became famous playing to country audiences but yet if you lived in the last 50 years you have heard and admired him, even if you didn't know it. i saw him live in 1970-71. made me want to play sax.saw him again this year. STILL AN AWESOME PLAYER.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does ANYONE have the music for it though? And not in book form. I'm saving up to do a major upgrade of my tenor setup. Taiwanese, you know. Althogh I'm not dis-ing my C-Ball.

·
SOTW Interviews/Editor, Distinguished SOTW Member,
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I played the solo by Boots in 7th grade for a compition. I've got the original for the sax and piano accopmiament.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts