Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the store I work for just introduced an "intermediate" level saxophone under it's own name (so new there is no promotional literature yet) and I got to examine the 1st one yesterday. I made a little youtube video to show the visual similarities to a Yanagisawa 991.

Even the case is a Yanagisawa copy!

The copy falls short of the actual 991 in quality of materials used ( Pads, corks, felt, etc - quality of brass is good). I think if the materials used were exactly the same, it would feel EXACTLY like a 991. We have been talking about offering this same saxophone with a "Custom" set-up that I would do. We will see where it goes.

As far as sound is concerned - I am also curious what a better set-up would result in. Right now it is VERY NICE - but not up to par with the 991.

But what has to be thought about here is that for the cost of a New Student Model Yamaha, you could get something VERY close to a Yanagisawa 991.

BTW - music in the background is a Mozart Quintet That I did all the parts on back about 15 years ago.

·
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the store is selling them for $1000 Give or take - If you need info, email me and I will put you in touch with the guy at work who you would need to talk to.

Charlie

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
The RS Berkley Vintage is reportedly good copy of the MKVI so if we keep asking...

·
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More like, "if we keep telling them that the last one wasn't good enough, they will make a better one."

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
That too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts