Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pleased to announce my new saxophone/woodwind product site - www.smartwoodwinds.com.

The goal of Smart Woodwinds is to provide high quality saxophone and woodwind accessories that I believe are worth providing to the sax community. If I don't like it and if I wouldn't play it then I won't carry it. Presently, I am carrying mouthpieces from my mouthpiece company - Chicago Mouthpieces along with the great products from Runyon and Jody Jazz. I'm also carrying saxrax stands because I think they're a great product.

I'm still working with some other potential suppliers whose products I think are top notch and hopefully will be able to announce them in the next few weeks. I'm looking at a Fall launch date for my hard rubber jazz mouthpieces.

I'm always open to suggestions on things to try and to carry so please let me know what additions you would make.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
Wish you much success and support Ed.

·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saxland said:
Being able to buy a Codera this side of the Atlantic would be great.
Do you mean the ADDjust® Balancer and Vario Clip? Those both look interesting and I have wanted to try them out.

·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got off the phone with the fellow who used to do the importing in the U.S. He told me that apparently Codera is no more. Wolf just hung it up. Really a shame because he had some innovative products through the years.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
1,422 Posts
There are a couple of affordable alto/soprano double cases available in Europe (Ortola and one other) that no one here seems to carry. It might be interesting if you could get those in and give the selmer case some competition.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Hey Ed, best of luck.

I'd like to get a sax swab that combines a flexible rod like the old Padsaver I used to use with silk fabric.

Rory

·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple of people have mentioned reeds.

I am actually getting out carrying fibracells for two reasons a) I have moved back to playing cane and b) people just don't buy enough reeds to make it profitable to carry them.

I may change my mind down the road.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Best luck with your new venture. It's great to have a good source for Saxrax stands. These are the next best thing to an insurance policy.

·
Banned
1,921 Posts
Like the site, very nice idea. Looking foward to doing buisness, perhaps I will try one of your jazz mouthpieces when they hit the store. GOOD LUCK!

·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LBAjazz said:
Baritone straps?
Any suggestions?

I've tried a few and right now am using the Neotech harness. I made my own at one point but it didn't turn out like I wanted. The B&G doesn't really adjust much so I ended up with the neotech.

I have an interesting idea for a new strap that I'm starting to play with. We'll see if it makes sense or not.

·
3,156 Posts
It's good to see you back in the business again, Ed. You must have put a lot of thought into this new business model as it is a big shift from the earlier effort. Best of luck to you. I'll be sure to monitor your site for new goodies.

Rob

·
1,207 Posts
I have just ordered a Runyon SR from you.

This piece had better make me a wonderful player with no additional effort on my part, or I will complain.:D

Good luck in your venture.

Can I say, yours was the only website I could find that a) Used Paypal, b) Accepted an international order without fuss.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Really cool site!!!!!!I may purchase one of your pad crud cleaners. Every since I got my selmer super action 80 II soprano,the darn G# sticks. After a visit to the tech it behaves awhile then it stick again!!!It is a pain in my $ss!!! Are the pad cleaners easy to use for the average player???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts