Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought misc stuff from them over the years - most recently a "Midge" stand. I didn't need it, but a stand you can store in the bell makes for a cleaner one-trip move on tenor only gigs (amp & horn). Anyway...the first night using it, I found it broken after the set. It may have come that way or it may have been stepped on. Either way it's not exactly a glowing review of the product.

So....I emailed WWBW and within an hour the responded. In short, they said, "Sorry - keep the broken one - we've sent a replacement." A few minutes later they sent tracking info on the replacement.

Good business - That's what I'm talkin' about!

·
Registered
253 Posts
They left out a box of reeds I ordered (ordered 2 boxes of one type and only received 1 in the box) for me once, I called up and they sent the other one free of charge right there. Guess they ain't that bad after-all...

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Midge from KM is okay, I know some fellas that use them. But the Hercules TravLite series is much more stable; the stance is wider, yet still folds thin. And it stores better in the bell without moving around, thanks to the super cool padded pouch that it is sent with. I have beat mine up over the past few months with it- it shouldn't have survived some of the drunk people that have stepped on and trampled it, but it has!

I use a full array of Hercules stands both at home and on the road. They rock, and are built so well that they can double as tools for home defense!:mrgreen:

Let us know how the Midge works out for you personally!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let us know how the Midge works out for you personally!
Will do - I have a herc, hamilton, and some On-stage stands as well. I try to maintain a full road kit that lives in the car (amp & stands) because it is a hassle to load in and out of my studio, but I've also ended up with stands at a practice space for my corporate gig too so I'm loaded up on the darn things now.

I'm really hoping I can end up saying good things about the Midge in the end - it's such a hassle to return stuff. The Hamilton Bari stand was a stinker and had to go back. The hercs have a bit more "wobble" than I like but are ok. The tall On-stage stands are really nice but don't fit in a case. Great for my corporate band (someone else get to do the schlepping) but just an added hassle on my club gigs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ordered a mouthpiece cover for tenor, they sent the wrong style for alto. I complained, they sent another wrong one. I complained - they sent another wrong one. Finally they just told me that the listing had the wrong photo and that they didn't have the one available I had been ordering.

Sigh. Theyre part of that whole Guitar Center or Musicians Friend conglomerate and I've never been too terribly lucky to get consistent decent service.

The other day I went into a Guitar Center and bought a guitar for my dad. It was the first in-store purchase I'd ever made and after buying it I had to wait 10 minutes to get out of the store because of the "loss-prevention" lackey that was checking everyones receipts. That person sat about 10ft from the cashier.

Sometimes, I hate things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts