Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flute head is marked "Made in Germany". Curious as to if anyone can figure out the manufacturer. The only other engraving is Wurlitzer on the body. There is one similar I found from an auction site, but the french arms are throwing me for a loop. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,518 Posts
there are a number of German and Bohemian flutes with similar characteristics especially things built in Markneukirchen.

But this flute of yours has at least three special things which I have never encountered together.

1) The arms are pointed (never had one like that, always had Y arms)

2) the tenon has a ridged end ( I have had two G.R. Uebel like that)

3) there is a double trill instead of one.(A Klingsors Hammerschmidt and a Zimmermann of mine had double trill)

a 4th characteristics is the special shape of the Low C and Eb key, almost square. Never seen one of those.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,518 Posts
the great majority of toneholes in flutes are soldered but these toneholes may have been drawn and appear to be bevelled , instead of rolled or straight, which is also something you don’t come across everyday

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,116 Posts
I say soldered. The keywork looks similar to Wunderlich and Rittershausen. As mentioned, there were a LOT of flutes of this style. Probably from 1920-70.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,358 Posts
Soldered. It has an unusual Eb key. The G trill, tenon ring on head and raised handrest date it to the earlier part of the 20th century I would say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts