Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flute head is marked "Made in Germany". Curious as to if anyone can figure out the manufacturer. The only other engraving is Wurlitzer on the body. There is one similar I found from an auction site, but the french arms are throwing me for a loop. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
there are a number of German and Bohemian flutes with similar characteristics especially things built in Markneukirchen.

But this flute of yours has at least three special things which I have never encountered together.

1) The arms are pointed (never had one like that, always had Y arms)

2) the tenon has a ridged end ( I have had two G.R. Uebel like that)

3) there is a double trill instead of one.(A Klingsors Hammerschmidt and a Zimmermann of mine had double trill)

a 4th characteristics is the special shape of the Low C and Eb key, almost square. Never seen one of those.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
the great majority of toneholes in flutes are soldered but these toneholes may have been drawn and appear to be bevelled , instead of rolled or straight, which is also something you don鈥檛 come across everyday

Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
I say soldered. The keywork looks similar to Wunderlich and Rittershausen. As mentioned, there were a LOT of flutes of this style. Probably from 1920-70.

Distinguished SOTW Member
selmer 26 nino, 22 curved sop, super alto, King Super 20 and Martin tenors, Stowasser tartogatos
Soldered. It has an unusual Eb key. The G trill, tenon ring on head and raised handrest date it to the earlier part of the 20th century I would say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts