Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the hammered brass neck for my Jupiter JTS-2089 XO.
I want to buy the red brass neck that originally came with the Jupiter JTS-2089 XO.
Can someone please direct me as to the proper place on SOTW or else where to search for this neck?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
37,783 Posts
I have the hammered brass neck for my Jupiter JTS-2089 XO.
I want to buy the red brass neck that originally came with the Jupiter JTS-2089 XO.
Can someone please direct me as to the proper place on SOTW or else where to search for this neck?
Here ya go: https://www.saxontheweb.net/forums/sax-necks-and-other-parts-wanted.435/

You may not yet have access to the Classifieds/Marketplace. You’ve certainly been ‘round long enough, but are low on participation (see the section regarding access).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here ya go: https://www.saxontheweb.net/forums/sax-necks-and-other-parts-wanted.435/

You may not yet have access to the Classifieds/Marketplace. You’ve certainly been ‘round long enough, but are low on participation (see the section regarding access).

Yes, you're right access denied to the marketplace. According to the rules I appear to be 20 posts short of access to the marketplace. I've gotten by since 2016 with the hammered brass neck, a little longer without the red brass will be fine. I guess unitl I achieve marketplace status I will check out eBay. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The red brass neck sounds a bit different but not by much. Jupiter had a variety of different necks 10 - 15 years ago. The most difference makes the nickel plated brass neck or if there is additional weight added on the neck like the heavy I or II version. Obviously they have all the same inner dimensions and this much more critical than different material. I played them all on my XO-2089. I still prefere the original brass neck. Don't expect a massive change of sound.

Alphorn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The red brass neck sounds a bit different but not by much. Jupiter had a variety of different necks 10 - 15 years ago. The most difference makes the nickel plated brass neck or if there is additional weight added on the neck like the heavy I or II version. Obviously they have all the same inner dimensions and this much more critical than different material. I played them all on my XO-2089. I still prefere the original brass neck. Don't expect a massive change of sound.

Alphorn
Thanks for the feedback on the XO-2089 necks. The marketing material on the XO-2089 refers to the 2nd neck as "red brass for a richer darker tone" vs "hammered brass for a brighter tone". The description of the red brass neck makes it appealing. But if there is no perceptible difference in sound then I won't pursue finding a red brass neck for my XO-2089. Unless perhaps if I find one at a reasonable price.:)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
20,224 Posts
Contact KHS America, they have Jupe parts but are running out of parts for older models

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Contact KHS America, they have Jupe parts but are running out of parts for older models

Thank you for the reference on vendors of Jupiter parts. I'll see what comes from my inquiry.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I had a couple of 2089 models. One had two necks but I remember the only difference was the finish. No change in shape or taper, so they sounded the same. I tried one with a solid silver neck from a 989 I had, too. Same result.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a couple of 2089 models. One had two necks but I remember the only difference was the finish. No change in shape or taper, so they sounded the same. I tried one with a solid silver neck from a 989 I had, too. Same result.
Thank you for your feedback.

Some additional feedback I received, "As in all options of rose or red brass material for necks & bells on saxes, bells and leadpipes on brass instruments, the difference is felt more for the performer than heard from the audience.

That, "It is a subtle change in sound and only perceptible when you compare the different materials side by side."

And, "Also, on all wind instruments and particularly on woodwinds, mouthpiece/ligature/reeds combinations do more to change the sound than a rose brass neck."

I don't think I will fret too much about finding a red brass neck for my JTS-2089 XO, especially since they are also so hard to come by for this older model of saxophone.

Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts