Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for one of those asian otto link style mouthpieces that plague ebay. Figured someone might have one in the US that they're looking to dump. Mainly looking for the ones with the old style otto link ligatures as seen in the photos below. Thanks in advance.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,058 Posts
Im not going to try to talk you out of it other than to mention that this piece, even if refaced, is not going to sound anything like a Link. The chamber floor is really high (too high) and drops more dramatically than a Link. Though it barely has sidewalls they are straight rather than concave. It bares little to no resemblance to a Link other than being shiny.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the door to my room needs a metal wedge object to keep it open. I actually just want the ligature.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
I've tried several of these. Some are okay and some are unplayable. However, most will make a good blank to modify and reface Your best bet is just to buy a used Link STM off of eBay for around $60 to $80 USD.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm not looking to actually use the mouthpiece. I just want the ligature. I figured someone in the US bought one, and found out it plays like crap, and would like to sell it. This would save me the hassle of getting one off ebay, and waiting a month and a half to receive it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
The current Otto Link ligs seem to last for about 15 minutes; how long do you suppose that POS is going to work?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The current Otto Link ligs seem to last for about 15 minutes; how long do you suppose that POS is going to work?
Excellent question. I was completely unaware that Otto Link still makes Master Link style ligatures...[rolleyes]

Please people, unless you have one for sell, stop dumping in this thread. :faceinpalm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts