·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try to put something together. The overall idea is applicable though, a beginner should still be able to write their own chorus and explore some kind of idea or other. I'll post an example some time soon. I think any aspiring improviser could appreciate the concept even if my exercise is too advanced. To be fair, I wrote it challenge myself which I think is the best way to go about it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi

This is something I tried recently on "Perdido" (it was advocated by the tutor of a group workshop I have been doing).. Worked wonders! It's something I plan to do for as many of the other tunes I am playing as possible.
I've got a lot of worth out of writing out my own solos. It's helping me to become more fluid and spell out changes with more sophistication, even if I never play the exact solo (as written) when performing. It's also nice to see that it's something that can be of use to players at any level.

·
Undistinguished SOTW Member
723 Posts
Wow nice solo, and great playing! Thanks for sharing it - will be good etude to shed on.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, excellent, thanks, that one is much more helpful to me.
You bet :). There were some more advanced players who really appreciated the first one, and then some players like yourself who have liked the second one. So, when appropriate I'll include two examples to help everyone involved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts