Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
That sounds great! I thought he was a trumpet when he first came on, interesting man, interesting. I like it a lot though, for sure =].

·
Banned
182 Posts
I'm with Jason somewhat..He was good but by no means earth moving & the singer is almost worth setting my computer on fire.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just happy to see my favorite altoist appearing on youtube.. You guys don't seem to know Jesse Davis and his music. He's a monster alto player! I rank him up with players like Irby Sherman and Antonio Hart.

He has recorded many solo albums + he has played with the LCJO. IMO he's one of the greatest Cannonball-orientated alto players today. Check his solo albums (especially "First Insight" and "Second Nature")!! I admit that that clip doesn't do justice for him..

-TH

·
Banned
182 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great video hersch, killer playing by all, especially Faddis. But I think Francesco's definition of bebop is to play all the sixteenth notes you can with as little breathing as possible. Even I was running out of breath listening to him. Still, I wish I could do that now, much less at 16.

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
primetime said:
...I think Francesco's definition of bebop is to play all the sixteenth notes you can with as little breathing as possible. Even I was running out of breath listening to him. Still, I wish I could do that now, much less at 16.
man those are 8th notes. and thats kind of standard to hear when listening to bebop. this kid kills he should not be put down in any way and its very refreshing to hear.

·
Registered
337 Posts
On that first video, Jesse has a very cannonball like thing going. Which I kind of dig. The solo got a tad repetitious, but it was good.

Oh, and that video with the cat who was 16. Holy crap.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can also see Jesse Davis in the movie Kansas City...along with Craig Handy, Joshua redman, James Carter, Nick Payton, Ron Carter and many many others...its an okay movie with GREAT music!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts