• No

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 21.6%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series (prototype), dark / multicolor "acid bath" brass with clear lacquer, Spiderman Jasper stones, custom hand engraving "Fire Dragon" designed and engraved in Salt Lake City

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,671 Posts
I voted no because of the gaudiness of the thing. I prefer more subdued appearances. I do like the semi-precious stone-touches, though.

I played the CB Vintage alto at NAMM in January and was totally impressed. Now THERE was an alto I'd buy if I saw it in my favorite stores. DAVE

· Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
799 Posts
I voted yes, because I just played a Cannonball for the first time yesterday (Hotspur Tenor) and it was so free-blowing and had such a gentle low end that I bought one today. However, I do like the looks of the Raven and Hotspur much better than this ugly thing, but I would still play it.

· Super Moderator
26,506 Posts
Jeez, and I thought the jewel-encrusted horn that the R-n-R player in Bird had was gaudy!

I'd play it if paid, but I wouldn't buy one.

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,377 Posts
It's a "closet horn", i.e. play it in the closet. ;-) Not my style at all thanks.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.