Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's this song that I want to transcribe for alto sax. I like the way it sounds.

It's by Fourplay- a jazz fusion band.
Here's the song:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Songs like this I think were meant to be played on the sax. Sometimes I don't think that guitar is a strong enough instrument to carry a melody on their own. This song however is just crying for some alto sax for sure. :)

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Songs like this I think were meant to be played on the sax. Sometimes I don't think that guitar is a strong enough instrument to carry a melody on their own. This song however is just crying for some alto sax for sure. :)
That's true!

They needed to spice it up with the sax.

This song is good enough to serve as a backing track.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2012
3,120 Posts
Great groove, perfect showcase for a sax. Nice chord changes too, which isn't always the case in this kind of stuff. Love that Carlton-ish guitar.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great groove, perfect showcase for a sax. Nice chord changes too, which isn't always the case in this kind of stuff. Love that Carlton-ish guitar.
I am also influenced by Larry Carlton- I started listenin' to him when I was 11.
I started liking smooth jazz / jazz fusion at 11 years old. 2 to 3 yrs after that, I started listening to Charlie Parker when I was about 13 or 14.
After listening to this song I thought "Man, I want to play in a jazz fusion band like Fourplay!!" I hope I get to join a band just exactly like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts