Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Am looking to part with my TH&C original lacquer alto, with 97% lacquer intact. It needs adjustments with almost all gold Nortons, except for 2 steel springs. No dents and straight as a rod. Has the silver Buescher 400 lettering on the bell and the reinforcement ring below the bell's lip.

I have NO idea what these are going for these days...can any one advise? I will try to put up a picture later.

Any one, please advise. Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,393 Posts
Yellow,,
IF it has all the original snap-ins it should be worth $2000(low side) up to $2500.With the economy being what it is today its not the best time to be selling anything so good luck with your sale
I have owned both tenor & alto TH&C's and there is nothing like them.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have one of these and they are real nice, BigHunk nailed it in a good market, I have seen them go as low as $1700-1900 though
and a tenor just went with no neck for $1347 on ebay, I was very surprised, best of luck.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Why do I think the snaps are gone on this one? I've only seen one or two Bueschers where someone actually hogged out any of the Nortons.

Without snaps and missing some Nortons, unless the horn makes an absolutely stunning appearance, I think that mid teens is more realistic.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,393 Posts
Why do I think the snaps are gone on this one? I've only seen one or two Bueschers where someone actually hogged out any of the Nortons.

Without snaps and missing some Nortons, unless the horn makes an absolutely stunning appearance, I think that mid teens is more realistic.
I agree...without the snaps its worth considerably less.hopefully the OP will respond and post some pics...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts