Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, being from Boston, I am a huge sports fan for my hometown teams. Did anyone else stay up last night and watch the game? It ended around 330 AM here on the East Coast and of course was a disappointment for me because the Red Sox lost, but it was fantastic to watch anyway. I had to watch it all.
Any of you guys stay up for this, and getting into the series?

I know I have a lot of friends on the west coast so I’m sure it was an enjoyable evening for you. :)

Either way, it was very exciting and it’s not often you get to watch a baseball game for seven hours. I actually enjoyed it.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,146 Posts
It was a great evening....we won.... :). watched every pitch....

·
Premium Member
15,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a great game for sure. Walk off homer is always a great way to end it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A classic. Although, as a Giants fan, I'm counting on the Sox to beat the Dodgers, so I was disappointed in the results. But that was a game people will be talking about for years.

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2019
1,010 Posts
Man, this was a hard game to watch all around - just staying up that late, then our side losing, though it will become a classic WS game for all time. And Eovaldi is superman - a 97 pitch relief stint. Even growing up just outside Boston and being a diehard Sox fan, I was also a Dodgers fan in the Drysdale/Koufax era. So it's great to see these two teams going at it in the world series. I expect the Dodgers to take game 4 and maybe 5, as we've kind of run out of pitchers, so we'll have to get it done in Boston. Either way it's shaping up as a great series.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Man, this was a hard game to watch all around - just staying up that late, then our side losing, though it will become a classic WS game for all time. And Eovaldi is superman - a 97 pitch relief stint. Even growing up just outside Boston and being a diehard Sox fan, I was also a Dodgers fan in the Drysdale/Koufax era. So it's great to see these two teams going at it in the world series. I expect the Dodgers to take game 4 and maybe 5, as we've kind of run out of pitchers, so we'll have to get it done in Boston. Either way it's shaping up as a great series.
Dodgers pitching staff is tired, too. I expect a slug fest today, and I wouldn't bet against the Sox in a high scoring game.

·
1,146 Posts
Dodgers pitching staff is tired, too. I expect a slug fest today, and I wouldn't bet against the Sox in a high scoring game.
The bullpen did some work last night, Rich Hill is fresh and ready..... :)

·
Premium Member
15,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Including all of us that stayed up to watch the whole game on the East Coast! :)

·
Premium Member
15,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The next game has started. I hope it’s a great game but I hope it ends on time. I’m getting too old for this crap. LOL

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,950 Posts
How’d that turn out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OUCH ! That was a brutal last two innings for the Dodgers. If a World Series game can go 18 innings. I believe the Dodgers can win three straight. Do not print the Wheaties boxes just yet....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hi Mark, I stayed up through the whole game Friday night, too. That was a heart breaker, but not a spirit breaker. Game 4 more than made up for it! Brock Holt is a life saver! I'd love to know what Chris Sale said, in the dugout! Whatever it was, he sure got them all going. This is the best Sox team ever! Go Sox!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
They still have a World Series? :)

·
1,146 Posts
Congrats to the red sox and their fans....they were tough....

·
Premium Member
15,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OH YES!!!!!!

Great win!

Patriots are next to win the big trophy. Celtics look great, and the Bruins too.

GREAT YEAR TO WATCH BOSTON SPORTS....

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,253 Posts
Dodgers fan since the Koufax amd Drysdale years here. Congrats to beantown.
The dodgers really did not put up much of a fight.

Dat
Sax
Man

1 - 20 of 27 Posts