Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, buddy, you've posted in basically every damn thread on this forum about your scratched stand. Time to untwist those panties, take a tablet, and relax a bit. Frankly from what I've seen of you, I'd probably be rude to you too.
Thank you very much for posting your views about this. Your post is quite helpful as an illustration of precisely the attitude of Gijs van Leeuwen at WoodwindDesign.
Also, if you are a fan of gouged wooden products, I'd be pleased to sell you my stand at my €80 cost.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: WoodWindDesign Stand for Bass Clarinet - WoodwindDesign

Before springing for one of WindwindDesign's pricey stands, you might want to know this about this vendor's dishonest business practices and how obnoxious he is to customers: https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/woodwinddesign.nl?rid=1.
So, did you send the stand back to him?

I met him at ClarinetFest. He seemed very sure of his products, and considering the players that were using them and trusting their instruments with the stands (Like Jason Alder), I'm pretty convinced his products are good. There are going to be mistakes, as they're a small business, but it seems that by your correspondence, he wants to see what happened.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
I have one of his first stands for my bass clarinet. I have a low C 1st gen Kessler. Weight is a huge consideration for me. So I use an Altieri gig bag and a Windworks stand. I do not store the tubes inside that clarinet since the bag has room for them. It is faster to leave the main base assembled on the main tube. I do put the 3 legs inside the main tube. That is pretty cool.

After a few years of assembling it twice a week or so, the ends of some tubes get worn. The ones with slotted notches become V shaped. This is due to twisting them when they probably should just be push/pulled. It still works for me.

I broke a leg once by spazzing out and stepping on it hard. I spliced it with a wood dowel and glue.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts