Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things seemed really messed up there based on my last several transactions. Orders have taken forever to get to me and their tracking system has not been working for I don't know how long. They have a shipping guarantee that could not be explained to me today by the agent.

Has shipping been an issue for anyone else with WW&BW? https://www.wwbw.com/

·
Registered
Alto sax, Tenor sax, Clarinet
1,354 Posts
Things seemed really messed up there based on my last several transactions. Orders have taken forever to get to me and their tracking system has not been working for I don't know how long. They have a shipping guarantee that could not be explained to me today by the agent.

Has shipping been an issue for anyone else with WW&BW? https://www.wwbw.com/
I still place orders with them, and I have not noticed any delivery slow down, but they were always a bit slow. And their tracking system has never worked for me, so that doesn't seem unusual. I am just careful about the price of any items I order from them, since they could disappear at any point in time.

·
Registered
Cannonball Vintage Reborn Tenor Sax with Otto Link STM NY 7
354 Posts
I buy reeds there all the time. I tried buying locally but they have nothing that I use in stock! Shipping has been good. I had a problem with delays from them one year ago, but everything is good now.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,414 Posts
For small packages they use the same shipping system as their sibling companies over at guitar center, Musicians Friend, and Music123...UPSMI: UPS mail innovations. It’s terrible. The reason the tracking rarely if ever works is because they get picked up by UPS on a regular schedule every business day, then get taken away and dumped into the USPS system. The individual packages may or may not actually get scanned for tracking at any point during the UPS journey, but usually at least get a scan when entering into the USPS system. What it boils down to is UPS accepting a less-than-cost deal to deliver, then dumping the actual work upon a poorly managed public entity for a tiny slice of the deal. Amazon does the same thing with rural delivery. It taxes the USPS heavily.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't have a retail music store near me and those I have to take a trip to do not have technicians or the depth/breath of products that would make the trip worthwhile. I ship my horns to techs that have good staff and reputations and I use WWBW for all the little stuff. Lately the shipping has seemed slow but that could be just the shear volume of shipping of retail products currently happening. I can't say I have seen a downturn in their service or products.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
FWIW, USPS is really slow. 8 days ago here on the West Coast I sent off a small Priority Mail package to an East Coast destination. That's typically a 2-day transit. It's not there yet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
A week ago, I wanted to order Java Red reeds from them and got a ship date of sometime in March. Ordered them from Amazon and they came 2 days later. This is the type of stuff that happens with companies in bankruptcy.

·
Registered
Cannonball Vintage Reborn Tenor Sax with Otto Link STM NY 7
354 Posts
A week ago, I wanted to order Java Red reeds from them and got a ship date of sometime in March. Ordered them from Amazon and they came 2 days later. This is the type of stuff that happens with companies in bankruptcy.
It is true that they are struggling because they were sold off. That may very well explain how they sometimes work and sometimes do not. I know that I can order my reeds from the local music store where I bought my horn, but it irritates me that they do not stock very well. And if I order, I might as well try to save a few dollars. I fear that business will get worse given all the new taxes and threats of forced wages.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my mouthpiece. I ordered it on February 12 and it arrived on the 25th. I called and they said this about normal and that I should not be concerned. I ordered several other things on the same day from different companies and they came on the 20th also via usps.

The agents said to call in the order to make sure you get it shipped to your preference rather than just ordering it online.

·
Registered
621 Posts
WWBW is not in bankruptcy.
A 15-sec Google search reveals that WWBW was bought by holding company Guitar Center in Jan 2007.
In Nov 2020 Guitar Center filed pre-negotiated Chap 11 bankruptcy as a financial restructuring maneuver to reduce debt by $800 million.
Guitar Center emerged from bankruptcy on Dec 23, 2020 with more equity and reorganized for better efficiency.
No stores were closed, no operations were suspended, and the financial engineering transaction was invisible to consumers.
Blame USPS--which is indeed hosed up beyond belief--not WWBW.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wanderso- it is concerning though that they have not been able to fix their tracking system from their home page and that there have been periods of time last year that I have tried calling for days with no response. (on hold for 40 min various times with no one ever eventually picking up.

·
Registered
Conn NW II Soprano, NW I Alto, 10M Tenor, NW I C Melody & Allora Bari.
241 Posts
The last few things I've ordered from them arrived sooner than expected. Their "First Chair Rewards" is nice too and paid for my Alto ProTec case. :)

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2015
1,086 Posts
I got my mouthpiece. I ordered it on February 12 and it arrived on the 25th. I called and they said this about normal and that I should not be concerned. I ordered several other things on the same day from different companies and they came on the 20th also via usps.

The agents said to call in the order to make sure you get it shipped to your preference rather than just ordering it online.
I think they must have a greater sympathy for saxophonists schooled in classical saxophone playing (for they have little to no gig potential) so they ship their classical products more quickly.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I just buy from Amazon or Weiner Music for things like ligatures or reeds, or indeed, mouthpieces (I went on a soprano Link binge a couple years ago...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts