Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i recently bought a wooden baritone sax mouthpiece for my bass sax. mouthpiece is on it's way, haven't tried it yet.

The mouthpiece is unmarked, i took a risk. So maybe anyone can recognize it?

$_12 (1).JPG
$_12.JPG
$_12 (2).JPG
$_12 (3).JPG
$_12 (5).JPG

·
Registered
890 Posts
It looks really well made, was this on EBay? How much? It looks like a traditional design, let us know how it works for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, It's been i while since my visit here,
the mouthpiece appeared to be actually a bass piece and it's a Buffet. although the seller told me it's a no name baritone piece.
i was buying it for my bass. lucky me.
Very nice warm,dark piece. Georg Pfister from Berlin opened the tip for me ,so it plays louder and bigger.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
I believe Buffet primarily used Lelandais (successor to Chedeville) as a source for their stock mouthpieces.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,139 Posts
Either Riffault ot Lelandais

Actually Lelandais was a company founded independently from Chedeville in 1928 and they are not the successors, they bought that company, when merging into Glotin-Chedeville-Lelandais

the company still exists and specializes in pads

http://chedeville-lelandais.com/en/savoir-faire/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This piece was made by Buffett before Lelandais company even started actually.
do you have more info about Lelandais making pieces for Buffett?

cheers!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,139 Posts
actually if there is a company that from its earliest days has commissioned other companies to make things fro them is Buffet which was selling stuff stencilled voor them left center and right already in the 19th century.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
This piece was made by Buffett before Lelandais company even started actually.
do you have more info about Lelandais making pieces for Buffett?

cheers!
Yes, I own one, a Lelandais Streamline (HR), stamped Buffet. I have also seen them stamped Dolnet. Before the original "Mouthpiece Museum" was taken down after Theo Wanne took it over, there were detailed pictures of many Lelandais and Riffault pieces for comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts