Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a number of so called 'vintage' Noblet clarinets advertised on ebay recently. Some of them are described as having 'plastic' bells. The question is, are these genuine Noblet clarinets or are they made up hybrids of noblets that have had their bells broken or split. :? :?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bootman - see you're an Aussie. Have you caught up on the USPS freight changes to Aust yet?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Great Bloke.
2,968 Posts
jwarner, freight from the US is always expensive, dramatically more expensive using other companies than USPS. Hide your wallet when Fedex or DHL or the other courier style shipping companies are used. USPS is still the cheapest and best service to Australia from the US.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stevesklar said:
The Noblet 40 with the oval emblem , as bootman said, had a cheaper (for step up students) option of a plastic bell. These later became known as the Noblet 27
Bought a 1969 vintage Noblet 27 SN 878xx for my daughter some time ago and did a complete overhall. It plays beautifully and at the price (US $80.00), I think the Noblets are probably one of the best kept secrets in the intermediate clarinet range.

Anyway, the daughters instrument has Noblet Paris in an oval which is vertically truncated at each side but it does have a wood bell. Do I have a hybrid (replaced bell instrument) or were there earlier model 27's which morfed into the plastic bell student version?

Bootman: You only get caught with Fedex once.

Regards Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts