Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,592 Posts
With wireless systems, the more you pay, the better the system is. The units will be lighter, smaller, use a single battery in stead of two, and last longer, but you pay for those things. The PGX is Shure's entry level system and is basically trash. Don't buy it. The SLX is their next level up and then the QLX and then the ULX is their top tier, but most expensive system. The more expensive systems will have have a wider frequency range that they can tune through so you get more options in what frequencies you can use if you are in an area with bad RF interference.

You need to check you country's RF spectrum requirements and make sure that you are buying a system that is legal to use in your country.

If you can afford the QLX line, that's probably your best bang for the buck. You should be able to get a system with the Beta 98 H/C included.

· Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Well actually JC it seems that there is a massive shortage of semiconductors due to Covid crisis and a lot of HF system won't be available before a long time ( dealers told me summer 2023 in Europe!). So i guess i am going to search for an other brand because decent Shure HF system are out of sock. I 'll create a new post in a couple of minutes.
Lots of manufacturers are running long lead times for products because of the chip shortage created by the massive world wide shutdown due to Covid. It's not just Shure. I know Sennheiser was also running a near year long back log as was Yamaha. Focusrite is stating to get caught up and should be fully stocked by the spring.

I know it sucks, but if you have a preferred brand or product, probably the best course of action is to find a dealer you trust and place an order and just wait it out. Better to spend your money on the gear you want and get it eventually than to buy somethign that doesn't meet all your expectations just because it's available right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts