Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any hands on experience with the Nux B3 wireless XLR system?
It would be nice to turn my clip-on mic belt pack, which connects via XLR, into a wireless device.
It looks promising, but does it actually work in a live setting?

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
The 2.4GHz band isn't the best band for wireless mic usage. The propagation properties of that band don't make it ideal for quality wireless mics. Even though they report 4ms latency, the real world implications are usually much more than that. Add in to the fact that the 2.4GHz band is already saturated with other wifi access points, and it makes that part of the spectrum saturated with other devices. I routinely work in venues that already have between 6 and 12 wireless networks in that range.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,398 Posts
The 2.4GHz band isn't the best band for wireless mic usage. The propagation properties of that band don't make it ideal for quality wireless mics.
I concur with JC on this one. I work with a guitar player that used one of the 2.4ghz digital wireless units for a while. It actually sounded really good and no noticeable latency. That said, if he wasn't getting bumped off and dropouts in larger venues, he was knocking my bluetooth pedal off line. Neither was an acceptable result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts