Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to buy a wirless mic. The two I am looking at are the,

Samson Airline 77 Wind Instrument System

Roam 1 Elite

any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i use the roam 1 elite. i like the sound and the suspension ring. some clip on mikes get a percussion sound when playing from the keys closing when playing softly. the suspension rings eliminates this.the newest ones also have two receivers in case the signal is interrupted . love mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm a big fan and user of Roam 1. I don't have the elite model. I have been told that the receiver for the Roam 1 Elite has been changed and that many do not like it as well as the receiver that was shipped with the Roam 1. If you get serious about it, I would go to their website, get the number for their tech support and call them. They are very helpful and will tell you like it is. At one time, they told me they had a waiting list of Roam 1 Elite users who were waiting to get a refurbished receiver from the Roam 1.

Based on past threads, I am also under the impression that people who have used both are more pleased with the Roam 1.

Everything on my web site was done with a Roam 1.

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,793 Posts
Tony, if you travel out of town a lot you may want to consider a unit that has multiple channels.

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,794 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
From what I've read, the AMT systems are nice. I'm impressed by the small size of the mini transmitters.

I selected Shure Beta 98H/C mics partially because I already owned a couple of Shure wireless systems with the bodypack transmitters, which I mount on my horns. I'm happy with the sound of my Shure clip-on mics and wireless systems.

Shure offers a splitter cable which connects the clip-on mic to the wireless transmitter with an extra feed for the Shure P2R Hybrid Bodypack Reciever. That, combined with my Shure sound isolating earphones will provide me with personal moniotring while at the same time protecting my hearing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,419 Posts
I heard some clips(sorry, I don't have the links) of Lovano using the clipon and there was no boom on the low Bb. I wonder if that is because the AMT mic and transmitter is so good, or is there special attention shown with the eq at the board?

·
Registered
320 Posts
jazzbluescat said:
I heard some clips(sorry, I don't have the links) of Lovano using the clipon and there was no boom on the low Bb. I wonder if that is because the AMT mic and transmitter is so good, or is there special attention shown with the eq at the board?
EQ at the board.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a Samson Airline from another player after noticing what a nice sound he got from it. Haven't regretted it since...many states, and only once did I ever get any interference (by a lake, of all places!).

I've used body packs before and thought they were cool, but the Airline is SOOO much nicer without one! Extremely easy to switch from horn to horn, and the mute switch is logically placed for when you want to tune, remember a part, whatever without the whole place hearing you. You can also sing into it in a pinch...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ok, Read all the post,,, so if money were not an object

And the best produced sound was the goal ((Without a Body Pack)) With the research I have done, It sounds like the Roam 1 Elite is the top choice. I need the flex to change from horn to horn without wires everywhere. So if any of you have additional comments I would be in gratitude to you. If you have listened to any of Greg Vail's work, he does all his playing with it and I have to admit it sounded nice. Lastly, any well informed shops you might suggest doing buisness with that stand behind product, and still believe in customer service. (I know, tall order):) :) :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went with the Roam 1 Elite. I absolutely love it!. I had my first rehearsal using it. I switch between SATB alot through the different tunes. The mic clips on and off quick between each song.

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,794 Posts
SplitTony said:
I went with the Roam 1 Elite. I absolutely love it!. I had my first rehearsal using it. I switch between SATB alot through the different tunes. The mic clips on and off quick between each song.
Cool, now buy a Super 20 Tenor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts