Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw woodwind and brasswind has some J Winter flight cases for sale. Has anyone tried one of these? I am thinking of getting one for my Borgani tenor, and I need a compact and protective case. I LOVE selmer flight cases, but they are soooo expensive!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,699 Posts
Nathan,

I tried fitting my Borg' into the Walt Johnson case for my Ref 36 and I consider it a non-fit. I don't know how well the Winter cases fit the Selmers but if it's a great fit for the Selmer, it's a not-so-great fit for your Borgani (assuming "Jubilee").

Are you not happy with your Borgani case? Mine has the blue leather covered model with an external pocket and three catches.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
There was a little more room in the bell and it was a tad larger in general for my VI. (I wrapped a polishing cloth around the bell for snugness and it worked fine). I think the one I had was for a JK so if a Borg fits a in a JK case you should be okay. I thought those Borg cases looked really cool, I'm just too clumsy at times. (Take, for instance that my six dropped off my shoulder onto the sidewalk and skidded around while I was a block from a gig last week, using my Walt Johnson. Took it out and the horn still played great, no issues at all).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,699 Posts
Thanks, Swamp', I'll keep that in mind should I be pressed to purchase a more robust case. I tend to keep one hand 'round the case when it's slung from my shoulder. Kinda like the ol' TV chef that sported both a belt and suspenders - said he was an retired safety engineer. ;)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. I love the Borgani case, but for air travel it might not be protective enough. If I were forced to put it under the plane I would be very worried!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Does the Winter case fit a Mark VI tenor?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Thanks...but I heard that the Winter case has "extra" spaces around the bell area, after we put in a Mark VI...and that it's more suitable for bigger bell tenors like Keilwerth.

I wonder whether this applies to the alto cases too???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts