Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so if anyone knows how many threads and posts across the internet that already exist, it's me. I've had a WX7 or WX5 since the early 2000s, and for a few years I had both! That whole time - on and off of course- I've been trying to find the perfect stand. I think I found it: The Kikutani WSS-100.
View attachment 238116

I researched this again and was just about to pull the trigger on a Gibraltar drummer cup holder plus guitar stand, when I thought, "Well let me google this just one more time." I'm glad I did, as the shopping link sent me to eBay with the promise of finding one for less than $40. Sweet! The first seller it took me to was located in Japan and has some very questionable feedback. Hard pass :bluewink:! But then I googled the model name (WSS-100) and found this seller who's also based in Japan but has a 100% feedback rating. Sold!

I added tracking to the shipping cost, which for an additional $4 to the $37.12 item makes good for peace of mind. So for ~$41 I should have a great stand for my WX5 in a couple weeks. If you want to check it out, the seller is "rums-jp". I think it's clear but I'll mention anyway that I'm in no way affiliated, and I'm providing this info solely as a heads up to others who've also been looking for a good stand for their wind synth that's also reasonably priced. I hope this is the one!

cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a picture of it as well as several others that have been cobbled together in this thread; https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?221809-Stand-for-EWI
Thanks for chiming in. Oh yeah, I've definitely read that thread. I had all the parts for a DIY stand on my hardware store to-buy list for some time. I wouldn't have had the time or space to fabricate anything even if I did get all the parts together. Sometimes off-the-shelf is what's needed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A cheaper alternative is to find the Ukelele / Violin stand that Kikutani makes. I bought one for my Roland Aerophone. It doesn’t have the plastic base on the bottom of the stand. I use either a wide strip of Velcro or an old black dress sock for the bottom of the Aerophone to sit on while in the stand. I believe I paid $17. It works great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 8 of 8 Posts