Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know Willy Keilwerth clarinets? I have one, now, but know nothing about them are they decent instruments? How much is one worth? I know nothing about clarinets and just know it is a B枚hm system Bb clarinet, other than that, I know nothing. Any Help?:?

Registered
milandro said:
does anybody know Willy Keilwerth clarinets? I have one, now, but know nothing about them are they decent instruments? How much is one worth? I know nothing about clarinets and just know it is a B枚hm system Bb clarinet, other than that, I know nothing. Any Help?:?

Wood?? Silver Keys? Metal clarinet?? Some more info please my friend.:)

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright , I told you I didn't know my way around clarinets.....! :)
Wood, dark and heavy, no idea of the sort, I would guess it isn't ebony ( in spite of popular beliefs, I am aware that only the best clarinets are actually made of the stuff) but ....what do I know....? Nickel-silver keys, I'd guess again, seem well made, not too crude (I once glanced at Klingson clarinet that one was worse than this).

I thought of a minor or major Keilwerth brother, obviously, however Google gave no result at all....Ah! It says also Nauheim which is where Julius Keilwerth has the factory I believe.......:)

Distinguished SOTW Member.
Never heard of "Willy" Keilwerth, but I know that Richard makes clarinets (all German-system as far as I know) and Julius makes saxophones.

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it seems incredible but I have had this clarinet in my hands (I have been trading for a soprano, but it is a long story....) it was positively inscribed Willy Keilwerth Nauheim ( which is the same place where the othe Keiwerth have the factory) in 2 places on the body.....misterious

Registered
There were three Keilwerth brothers, Julius (saxophones), Richard (still making clarinets) and Max (was the leader of the saxophone department of Hohner, brand "Hohner President"). I do not know a Willy. Perhaps you can ask Richard? (You will find him at google)
DF4LD

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, I have been trading my clarinet since the original posting , I will look into this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts