Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, back with my most popular series yet - Will it Play?

In this one I'm playing mayonnaise, red pepper flakes, a cucumber, a potato, a watermelon, and a carrot. Enjoy!

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,911 Posts
Amazing, terrible, and hilarious. The double bite technique LOL! When is the 10k subscriber celebration? Keep it up man.

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
:laughing:

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,338 Posts
Where those vintage carrots? Have you tried putting a klangbogen in the carrots?
This was the greatest video you’ve ever done.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
Super Action 80 Tenor, Buescher 156 Tenor, Yamaha Vito YAS-21 , Kessler Soprano, Superba II Bari
4,947 Posts

·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where those vintage carrots? Have you tried putting a klangbogen in the carrots?
This was the greatest video you've ever done.
Not vintage - I played a vintage carrotnet once and was sick for weeks after. As far as klangbogen, no. But I have an ear of cornbogen on order so we'll see how it changes the sound.

Thanks brother! So glad you liked it.

If there's ever a point to be made to any musician at any level...

Love your channel!
Thank you!!

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2017
732 Posts
So when ¡s the album coming out?

BTW, I have a 196x Carrot, AKA THE Carrot, in the 88XXX range that you might be interested in. Please PM me.

Thanks much for sharing and for the smiles/laughs,
Kenneth

·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

BTW, I have a 196x Carrot, AKA THE Carrot, in the 88XXX range that you might be interested in. Please PM me.

Kenneth
Actual album or Will it Play/Vegetable album?

Oh man...I'd pay TOP DOLLAR for that Carrot!! The only thing - does it have original roots??

Glad you liked it! I appreciate that.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Kenneth
If Dave doesn't take it from you, I will : the 88XXX range is the last year of production without pesticides. Everything after that went downhill... sure, durability was better but the sound was never the same !

·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If Dave doesn't take it from you, I will : the 88XXX range is the last year of production without pesticides. Everything after that went downhill... sure, durability was better but the sound was never the same !
I heard that was a myth though - I need to hear a blind comparison of pre- and post- pesticide carrots. But I agree that the 88,XXX are the best, hands down!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mmmmh, maybe you're right... I was mainly reporting advise from sources I trusted...

We could try such a comparison though, I have some carrots in the 138XXX range (which are post-pesticide pre-GMO), and also a few in the 540XXX range (post-GMO, the advantage being that they are longer, hence gives you a fourth more in range, on average).
Happy to send you some !

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Hey everyone, back with my most popular series yet - Will it Play?

In this one I'm playing mayonnaise, red pepper flakes, a cucumber, a potato, a watermelon, and a carrot. Enjoy!

You could probably make this out of a summer squash and a funnel. Behold..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.