Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
566 Posts
no,not all cases fit the 10M conn.the bell keys are on the other side of the bell from most models.
most coffin styles will work though,and i use a hiscox for mine.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
crikey,you DO have an eating/food disorder!
is that worse than a saxophone disorder,i'm not sure?
I don’t know if I have an eating disorder but I might have an obsession with pasta. I had it for breakfast this morning at 8AM and I buy ten pounds at a time. I have it three times a day. I’m making lasagna this week!!! It’s so exciting!!! Phil

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
For the Conn, I use a SKB "Pro" case (not sure the model number or even the current model name, but it's the one with a nylon pocket on the outside, and a neck slot and a mouthpiece slot alongside the horn on the inside). It fits a 10M perfectly, seems sturdy and well-made, hardware is of a good size and looks durable. I don't play a lot of tenor so I haven't really subjected it to serious schlepping, but it certainly looks like it will hold up well and protect the horn. I've had it about 10 years.

For the dinner, last night I had brussels sprouts cooked with black eyed peas in chicken broth and some whole wheat "sourdough" bread. I put "sourdough" in inverted commas because I can't seem to find sourdough bread that actually tastes sour any more, not since the 1970s.

Just because I have to lose weight and limit salt doesn't mean I can't have some tasty food. Unfortunately the booze is out.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I don’t know if I have an eating disorder but I might have an obsession with pasta. I had it for breakfast this morning at 8AM and I buy ten pounds at a time. I have it three times a day. I’m making lasagna this week!!! It’s so exciting!!! Phil
Why buy it? Make your own, baby! Don't get fooled by the fancy schmancy machines, just a cutting board, a fork, and the traditional hand cranked machine. (Of course you won't have the exotic shapes, but to me the exotic shapes are just a little too much like playing with your food.)

·
Registered
600 Posts
My 10M fits quite nicely in a Protec case, going on 10 years now and no problems transporting around town. I was initially a little dubious about the "hard"part of the case when I saw it was 1/8" thick particle board but I haven't ever driven over it in my truck or the like ( and don't plan to either ).
Oh, and I'm having cassoulet and roasted vegetables ( parsnips, carrots, potatoes and brussel sprouts ) with a 1970's Campari as a digestif, a Negroni with and I'm yet to decide what will be the aperitif, although I do have my eye on a bottle of 1985 Domaine Boingneres armagnac.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I used to keep my 10M in my Hiscox LiteFlite Pro II case. It fitted perfectly. However, on the advice of my Italian niece I used the case to marinate a batch of fresh gnocchi which rotted the lining within a week. It is now useless for storing my 10M. The pasta has an unusual if interesting flavour.

·
Banned
566 Posts
I used to keep my 10M in my Hiscox LiteFlite Pro II case. It fitted perfectly. However, on the advice of my Italian niece I used the case to marinate a batch of fresh gnocchi which rotted the lining within a week. It is now useless for storing my 10M. The pasta has an unusual if interesting flavour.
ahahhahahaahahahahhaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahaha.
i am still laughing mikeT.
hahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaaa.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts