Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a chip on the outside of the side rail prevent a mouthpiece from being usable?

I'm planning on taking a look at a Meyer 7M that someone is selling on Craigslist this weekend. He said it plays fine and I should be able to test it before purchasing but I noticed in the pictures provided that there seems to be a tiny chip on the outside edge of the side rail. It looks like the table and the inner rails are just fine but, since it's a bit of a drive for me to go see, I'm wondering if it looks like it won't be worth the gas money. I've attached a picture to this post. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 223362 View attachment 223364

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Re: Will a chip on the outside of the side rail prevent a mouthpiece from being usable?

Definitely has some wear and tear, but it could be a player. My main piece has a nice ding in the tip of it. My mouthpiece tech won't even fix it because it plays so we'll he said he's scared it'll mess it up.

The question of if it's worth driving should depend on how much he's asking for it and what year the piece is from etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,452 Posts
Its obviously been worked-on so with the damage it should be pretty cheap.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Re: Will a chip on the outside of the side rail prevent a mouthpiece from being usable?

Ya. It does look like it's been worked on, but it's hard to tell as I've seen Meyers wear in weird ways. Also some with less of a stamp etc.

Ultimately there is a good chance it would need a reface either way. Haha.

What's he asking. ??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

He's asking $60 for it.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts

Hmmm. Maybe a little high if it's a current production. $50 if you drive out and dig it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts