Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I bought a brand new alto sax (for about $1800) and the only markings it seems to have is "Parker" on the bell, and a serial number. I can't seem to find anything about it at all through google. Has anybody ever heard of this Parker thing?

"Parker" seems to me to be some other name for a particular company.

I know it's a bit silly but at the time I wasn't concerned and just took whatever was available at the local store.

Nowdays I take playing the sax a lot more seriously and if I had the oppotunity again I would have done my research before purchasing. The sax seems a fair bit nicer than a plain student model though and I'm quite satisfied with it anyway.

I previously owned a silver Selmer Bundy alto sax, and being a silly kid I didn't take care of it at all. After almost 10 years of not caring it was in such bad condition that I had to trade it in for this Parker sax I have now. I miss the my old Bundy, I would really appreciate it if I had it now.

(Hi, new here. See my very brief biography page if you like)

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,795 Posts
It's almost impossible to identify the maker of a modern asian stencil (because rest assured that your saxophone in all likelihood is) because there are many makers in many countries who offer their product at the international fairs and anybody, literally, could walk in any of these booths and order a number of saxophones to be made with a certain brand and logo. Even if one could say that in 2008 Parkers were made by factory so and so there is no guarantee that that would have been the case in 2006 or in 2010. So, I am afraid that the answer is..........nobody knows but Mr. Parker (if there is ever been a Mr.Parker who commissioned such horns!). Best thing to do is to accept your horn for what it is and judge it on its own merits.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you can provide to us the serial # system and also the production place, then there might be a hope to find it.

Even though there are hundreds of the Asian saxphone makers out there, there are only a handful of them is good.

A lot of teh brands are all coming out from the same place by the same factory with different name.

there is still a little trace to be able to follow.

show us some more picture, someone might recongize it

·
38,795 Posts
most Chinese saxophones don't have any serial number and if they have the number has nothing to do with the maker (unlike most of the stencils of the good ole days!) but it is placed there upon request of the buyer.

·
38,795 Posts
wrong parker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts