Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
351 Posts
That particular Beaugnier Vito was produced from somewhere in the mid 60's into at least the early 70's. My first sax was one of these purchased n 1966, I don't really recall any of this design that were older. I know they were at least being sold in 1972 when I dropped out of music for a time. I had traded my alto to someone for a Martian Imperial tenor at some point but always regretted it and picked up one off ebay a year or so ago.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
That horn's parts were made in France by Beaugnier and assembled in Kenosha by Vito in the 60's BTW the body tube is bent foreward at the top of the horn.

·
Distinguished SOTW member, musician, technician &
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leblanc/Beaugnier
Thanks. BTW, I assume it is pronounced something like Buenier (with a French accent)? Or not? Do you (or anyone) know?

That horn's parts were made in France by Beaugnier and assembled in Kenosha by Vito in the 60's BTW the body tube is bent foreward at the top of the horn.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I noticed that too, it definitely looks bent in the photo. I noticed it after looking at the photo but not before. So I rechecked the sax and it's not. Something about the photo I guess.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
Bo-nier (the g/n sound is difficult to transliterate ) but this is close.

Some of these were completely French made others were assembled in the States Doctors sax speak about this extensively on his site.

Noblet horns sold in the Netherlands are virtually the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts