Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! My YTS 62 was recently damaged beyond repair in a car accident. While shopping for my YAS 82z last year I noticed that there was a significant variation in price nationally among different retailers. If anyone could offer some guidance as to who currently has the best price on the YTS 82z unlacquered horn it would be a great help.

I'm also a very new poster so if this is in the wrong forum I apologize. Just let me know where it goes.

1000 thanks,
Max

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
WWBW tends to have the best mail order pricing, but then you never know what you got til you got it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love those guys, but there they were avg. 20% higher then several regional retailers. Since the Yamaha price increase last year that adds up to some significant cash...

PS I see your in Cville. I used to sit in at Millers with John D'Earth, Jeff Decker and those guys years ago...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,937 Posts
The best price is usually a used instrument in the SotW Marketplace.

There have been a couple 82Z tenors offered for sale in the last few months.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
Love those guys, but there they were avg. 20% higher then several regional retailers. Since the Yamaha price increase last year that adds up to some significant cash...

PS I see your in Cville. I used to sit in at Millers with John D'Earth, Jeff Decker and those guys years ago...
Yeah, John and Jeff are great! I studied with both of them as a student at Uva some years ago. I don't get to play with them much though, as musically I am just not in the same circle.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
U-Crest Music usually has the best prices on new Yamaha saxes. You can get their phone # off their website.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,564 Posts
Yamaha prices are bery high in Maine. I went in Music and Arts and they had an 875 on the wall with close to $6000 on the tag. I asked what the actual price was, and they said that was pretty much it...I went back a couple weeks later and it wasn't on the wall. Guess someone went for it.

Your best bet is to go somewhere that sells a lot of them, as they might get volume discounts to pass along.

·
Registered
720 Posts
+1 on UCrest. Great Customer service as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts