Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there tell me anything about an alto (used) mouthpiece I have just bought ,ebonite with "WHITE SPOT" stamped on the shank. Above the text is a circular shaped logo which I don't recognise ??

·
Registered
192 Posts
I hope someone can. No one replied to a similar question i asked a few years back. I use one daily, and it works well with my MK VK alto. Mine is a little closed though, and i am thinking of having the thing refaced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian . Somebody out there must Know. The funny thing is I have googled "White Spot mouthpiece" and would you believe there is a famous mouthpiece of that name but it is by Dunhill the pipe (smoking) manufacturers

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,049 Posts
Tony Buchanan, here in Melbourne, was playing one of those on his tenor for a while. It had been refaced by Mark Spencer (in Queensland). I understand Mark used it as a blank to reface because of the high quality of the hard rubber, and that he believed them to have been made by Riffault (French company), who also apparently made the mouthpiece blanks for SML, Dolnet and other French saxophone companies.
Maybe drop Mark an email?- [email protected]
Hope that is of some help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts