Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
26,958 Posts
I think Ray Hyman straps used to come in white, but I think they'd get rather dirty after awhile.

I've never had anyone mention anything about my neckstraps, and I use black only.

If some idiot objected to the color of the neckstrap, you could get a less obtrusive string neckstrap, I suppose.
 

· Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
hakukani said:
I think Ray Hyman straps used to come in white, but I think they'd get rather dirty after awhile.

I've never had anyone mention anything about my neckstraps, and I use black only.

If some idiot objected to the color of the neckstrap, you could get a less obtrusive string neckstrap, I suppose.
I've got an old Ray Hyman strap. It used to be white, now it is cream/"ring around the collar" in colour.
 

· Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
15,768 Posts
I got a white Hyman from a local store last year. Old stock still in the original package. They had a couple more last I saw. Want me to look?
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
26,958 Posts
Carl, you're a really nice man. I don't care what the other guys say.;)
 

· Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
15,768 Posts
GEE THANKS!!

You know, I like your shirts too. I don't care what they say about them either.
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
26,958 Posts
Maybe I should send you one...
 

· Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
15,768 Posts
I've had a few Hawaiian shirts from my aunt, but more of the souvenir T shirt sort.

Got something that would look good in a pale green MG?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
I used to have a white one. Also a very interesting GOLD colored model made of some strange nylon mesh with a little chain for the horn. Ancient thing I got with some old horn long ago. Wish I could find it now just for the novelty.

Of course,I have a regulation black strap now. With padding.


I forgot to bring one on a gig once and improvised by fashioning a strap from speaker wire. Fun gig. I always carry a spare now.
 

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
58tenor said:
I used to have a white one. Also a very interesting GOLD colored model made of some strange nylon mesh with a little chain for the horn. Ancient thing I got with some old horn long ago. Wish I could find it now just for the novelty.

Of course,I have a regulation black strap now. With padding.

I forgot to bring one on a gig once and improvised by fashioning a strap from speaker wire. Fun gig. I always carry a spare now.
When I was young(talking about 5th grade I believe) I fashioned one out of yarn cause I lost mine and had to save my allowance towards another. I played that way for a few weeks and all I can say is OW!!

The gold chain neckstrap sounds cool, ready to get pimpin! haha
 

· Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
3,182 Posts
Carl H. said:
I've had a few Hawaiian shirts from my aunt, but more of the souvenir T shirt sort.

Got something that would look good in a pale green MG?
Carl: What MG do you have?! I used to have a 66 B and Mrs. Qwerty used to drive a 73BGT...

Steve
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top