Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a white neck strap ever? Ever? You'd think with all the gigging musicians wearing white shirts...that they'd make one...

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
I think Ray Hyman straps used to come in white, but I think they'd get rather dirty after awhile.

I've never had anyone mention anything about my neckstraps, and I use black only.

If some idiot objected to the color of the neckstrap, you could get a less obtrusive string neckstrap, I suppose.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,766 Posts
hakukani said:
I think Ray Hyman straps used to come in white, but I think they'd get rather dirty after awhile.

I've never had anyone mention anything about my neckstraps, and I use black only.

If some idiot objected to the color of the neckstrap, you could get a less obtrusive string neckstrap, I suppose.
I've got an old Ray Hyman strap. It used to be white, now it is cream/"ring around the collar" in colour.

·
14,959 Posts
I got a white Hyman from a local store last year. Old stock still in the original package. They had a couple more last I saw. Want me to look?

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
Carl, you're a really nice man. I don't care what the other guys say.;)

·
14,959 Posts
GEE THANKS!!

You know, I like your shirts too. I don't care what they say about them either.

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
Maybe I should send you one...

·
14,959 Posts
I've had a few Hawaiian shirts from my aunt, but more of the souvenir T shirt sort.

Got something that would look good in a pale green MG?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,925 Posts
Ive got one that came with my Martin tenor.

Really though, the black strap over a white shirt doesnt bother me

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
JCBigler said:
white neck straps = LLAAMMEE!!
Obviously sir, you have not seen the impact of
yours truly in a powder blue double-knit leisure suit
with matching white shoes, belt and saxophone strap.

Worshipful submission is the only way to describe it.

Lame, harrumph!

;)

·
3,925 Posts
rabbit said:
Obviously sir, you have not seen the impact of
yours truly in a powder blue double-knit leisure suit
with matching white shoes, belt and saxophone strap.
My eyes are burning out!!! ahhh!!!

Just Kiddin'

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I used to have a white one. Also a very interesting GOLD colored model made of some strange nylon mesh with a little chain for the horn. Ancient thing I got with some old horn long ago. Wish I could find it now just for the novelty.

Of course,I have a regulation black strap now. With padding.

I forgot to bring one on a gig once and improvised by fashioning a strap from speaker wire. Fun gig. I always carry a spare now.

·
3,925 Posts
58tenor said:
I used to have a white one. Also a very interesting GOLD colored model made of some strange nylon mesh with a little chain for the horn. Ancient thing I got with some old horn long ago. Wish I could find it now just for the novelty.

Of course,I have a regulation black strap now. With padding.

I forgot to bring one on a gig once and improvised by fashioning a strap from speaker wire. Fun gig. I always carry a spare now.
When I was young(talking about 5th grade I believe) I fashioned one out of yarn cause I lost mine and had to save my allowance towards another. I played that way for a few weeks and all I can say is OW!!

The gold chain neckstrap sounds cool, ready to get pimpin! haha

·
Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,945 Posts
Carl H. said:
I've had a few Hawaiian shirts from my aunt, but more of the souvenir T shirt sort.

Got something that would look good in a pale green MG?
Carl: What MG do you have?! I used to have a 66 B and Mrs. Qwerty used to drive a 73BGT...

Steve

1 - 20 of 41 Posts