Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a B901 and am considering purchasing a second neck. Before doing that, I'm trying to determine which neck comes with the horn.
Here is a link to the Yani Japan site, describing the necks. I assume that the standard neck is the 66 - does anyone know for sure?

http://www.yanagisawasax.co.jp/en/accessory/necks/

Also, I'd be interested in experiences anyone has had with Yani bari necks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The responses are/were nonexistent, so to keep this from being an orphaned thread:

I think I read somewhere that it's none of those, it's just...a neck. If it's not some base neck, then I would guess that it could be the 66. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
373 Posts
Neck

I don't know the answer to this but there is a SOTW member that works for Yanagisawa. I'll send him a PM and will let you know.

·
Registered
706 Posts
the "standard" neck that comes with the horn is none of these, these are the "custom" necks, but I think that the one that is more similar to the "standard" neck is the 65

·
Registered
706 Posts
when I say standard I mean the brass neck that comes with 901 and 991.. the 902 and 992 have a "standard" bronze neck that from my understanding is also not one of the custom necks..

·
Registered
137 Posts
bbbouklas said:
when I say standard I mean the brass neck that comes with 901 and 991.. the 902 and 992 have a "standard" bronze neck that from my understanding is also not one of the custom necks..
Really? I thought they came with a 92 neck. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them are labeled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts