Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great horn made in Cleveland or a great horn made in Paris.....
I wish I could afford both of these horns but I am only able to pull the trigger on one. The King is in slightly better condition but the owner took really nice care of both tenors. Original owner of each.
Both have nickel plated keys. Personally, I would place either at the very high-end of intermediate level or Pro level if you compare them to a modern sax's tonality, richness and depth. Either come with my choice of good mouthpieces. Both are the same, reasonable price.
I really need your help choosing. Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,801 Posts
I have owned both, though briefly, I would go for the Zephyr although I probably prefer the Noblet keywork.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Which one plays best? In other words, which one gives you the best feeling and the most inspiration to play?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I kept asking myself HFH! They both have their own unique set of qualities, making either a real pleasure to play. I think that I'll probably go for the King, simply because I know more about their history than I do with the Noblet.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
I think that I'll probably go for the King, simply because I know more about their history than I do with the Noblet.
That same reasoning will make resale easier too - if there is any chance of that being an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts