Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I will be going to NY for a business trip. The second hand tenor saxophone market in my country is not that big, so I am hoping to buy a good used tenor saxophone from NY. Any recommendation if I am looking at around $2,000 - $3,000 price range?

I will be starying around "One United Nations Plaza, 44th Street between First and Second Avenue" - any recommendation on which store I should go? I used to stay in Chicago but missed the chance to get one from PM Woodwind - which I later learned has a good reputation. So I am hoping to take this opportunity visiting NY to get a good vintage tenor saxophone.

Many Thanks,
Geoffrey

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Geoffrey -

Besides some music stores in NYC, you may want to get in touch with fellow SOTW members in the city and see if anyone of them has a tenor for sale and come and try the horn while you are there.

As for your question about what tenor to get, I'd say try as many as you can and pick one that fits your budget and, most importantly, one that YOU like (one that speaks to you the loudest and sweetest!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts