Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get stuck in the traffic and I want to use my scooter.I've got a 5 digit mk VI,and so I want a very protective case.I found on the web the bam cases:trekking and newtech models (for tenor).
The newtech should be lighter and surely less "hard to handle",but maybe the trekking is more protective because of the zippers.( think the zippers cases are more difficult to open than the other ones).The inside should be foam for both cases.What do you suggest me?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
bb: I once drove in your city (1960!). I can't even imagine what it is like today. Of course I should talk, coming from L.A.

But, I think rather than worrying about the case ('cause NOTHING will protect that horn if if falls off your scooter and/or another vehicle runs over it), I'd be more concerned about how you secure the case to the scooter.

I know some players trust their cases to protect their horn regardless of what jolts it may take, but most saxophones will not survive a significant drop even if the case is like a coffin. (Now just see the tributes pour in from somone whose horn was unscathed.)

Still, damage will most likely occur regardless of the case if the case/horn falls off your scooter. DAVE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts