1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Most comparison videos sound the same to me. In this case, I thought the first two sounded better than the third. But the differences between one and two were negligible - at least to me. You as the player have additional inputs because of the feel and response, which usually clouds one's evaluations. DAVE

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most comparison videos sound the same to me. In this case, I thought the first two sounded better than the third. But the differences between one and two were negligible - at least to me. You as the player have additional inputs because of the feel and response, which usually clouds one's evaluations. DAVE
Thank you for your input

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,026 Posts
The videos seem to have been disabled, so I can't hear them. But really, when it comes to reeds, how the reed feels and responds is going to be the main thing. Almost certainly you'll sound better and play better on a reed that responds well for you.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,951 Posts
Please do not make a nonsense of a thread by removing the videos in the OP. People have been banned here for that. As you are relatively new no action will be taken, just a friendly heads up and tip on how not to become unpopular on the forum

It is a good idea to consider other members and not waste their time.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Please do not make a nonsense of a thread by removing the videos in the OP. People have been banned here for that. As you are relatively new no action will be taken, just a friendly heads up and tip on how not to become unpopular on the forum

It is a good idea to consider other members and not waste their time.
Indeed. If you want you can also make the videos listed as private so they do not appear on your main youtube channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts