Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to purchase a brand new Keilwerth SX90 for 2100 or a

Keilwerth SX90R Nickel Silver Tenor Saxophone for 2800 both are brand new . Which is a better sax and what would you do ? I know their are Keilwerth haters here too ! lol

Doug

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,628 Posts
I am going to ask you: Which of these sunsets is better? (I am not saying the picture, I am talking of the sunset)

I don't think anybody can answer that question because they equally " good" as far as sunset go. The question that you can answer is: Which of these two pictures of a sunset do I like better?

Similarly those two horns are equally good as pro horns, just different. Which one do you like better? The only way to find out is playing them. No playing means guessing. You can guess alone or together with us.......but it would be a guess all the same.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
1,555 Posts
For brand new prices they seem really good, I have to say.
I have tried once a SX90R nickel silver tenor and thought it played beautifully. However you'd better trying both.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,553 Posts
I would buy the sx90R nickle silver. I have the alto and love it. The sx90 will be darker and slightly softer. the nickle silver will be brighter and slightly louder. The nickel models are also cool looking and hard to find. You are asking about the solid nickle sax, not the black nickle plate, right?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would go with the nickel silver if it were me. But try them both out and then make your decision.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Or better yet, you could get both! :mrgreen:

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,185 Posts
Nice conundrum to be in. Don't listen the JK haters. They are great horns.

B

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts
lol I will get the nickel silver
Based on what?! Geez man. If I counted right, only two people said they actually played a nickel silver JK and you're going to base your decision on that!? Show a little independence and confidence. If you have the ability to try them both (which I infer from your post above, you do) why on earth are you making a decision in front of your computer?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,594 Posts
I don't know what JK I'd choose but I'd take the 2nd sunset for sure.:mrgreen:

Ok, being serious I would try this time the Sx90. What a finish does it have?
I think the nickel silver are just in SX90R version available.

Is the Sx90 for 2100 a gold lacquer?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know what JK I'd choose but I'd take the 2nd sunset for sure.:mrgreen:

Ok, being serious I would try this time the Sx90. What a finish does it have?
I think the nickel silver are just in SX90R version available.

Is the Sx90 for 2100 a gold lacquer?
Yes its the SX90 gold laquer trying it out right now will let you know how it is

1 - 20 of 41 Posts