Sax on the Web Forum banner

Which Music Download Site do you belong to?

• Yahoomusic

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • iTunes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Rhapsody

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • emusic

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Napster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WalMart

• MSNMusic

• AllofMP3

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • BuyMusic

• Other

Votes: 6 18.2%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can vote for more than one. I'm thinking about signing up to one myself.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
emusic is the best deal that I've found. About a fourth of the price of iTunes and plenty of catalog (especially if you like anything in the OJC relationships). I belong to iTunes as well for newer, have to have it now releases. But, I'm not cancelling my emusic account anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Swampcabbage said:
emusic is the best deal that I've found. About a fourth of the price of iTunes and plenty of catalog (especially if you like anything in the OJC relationships). I belong to iTunes as well for newer, have to have it now releases. But, I'm not cancelling my emusic account anytime soon.
Ditto. In addition to tons of classic jazz, emusic has lots of newer stuff: Mintzer, Donny McCaslin, Eric Alexander, etc.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
And some nice Chris Potter and Bergonzi. Even the last couple of David Douglas and Dave Holland records. And I just picked up a cool Santana with Wayne Shorter and a bunch of Woody Shaw.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought several jazz albums on iTunes, but all the DRM crap irritates me to no end. So, I'm sticking to CDs. I also use Ruckus since it's free, but you need a .edu e-mail.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zune - unlimited downloads for two zunes/three computers. Make sense for those albums/artists that I want to check out, then go buy the CD, and my wife can download her guilty-pleasure pop music too for her own zune.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, The official SOTW Little S
5,472 Posts
I furthermore like Zune although I voted for iTunes. Zune has a 30 day pass where you can download all the songs you want in 30 days. Is that true or is it what I've only heard? I haven't tried it but it is truly something I'm looking into. I've made a list already. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
bluesaxgirl said:
I furthermore like Zune although I voted for iTunes. Zune has a 30 day pass where you can download all the songs you want in 30 days. Is that true or is it what I've only heard? I haven't tried it but it is truly something I'm looking into. I've made a list already. :)
3-month subscription plans - 14.99 auto-renewing - download all that you want. It has DRM up to three computers and two zune devices all on the same subscription - so no burning, but whatever...I have one library on my work laptop, one on my zune, one on my wife's work laptop, one on my wife's zune, and one on a media pc at the house - why would I need to burn any thing.

It works well for me, because I tend to fill up the zune, listen to everything two or three times, make a note of the albums I want to own later - in a little book, or save them to the media pc - then wipe the zune or any of my libraries and start over. It forces me to go and try new music as much as possible, and that's a good thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts