Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Selmer Super Session F, Selmer Soloist F, Meyer 6S-M, Meyer 7M-S, Beechler Diamond Inlay S6S, Morgan-Bilger 6 . . . just about anything I want to use that plays on all of my altos. DAVE

·
Registered
150 Posts
My son, Max, used a Couf 4* S as his go to mpc though it squeaked occasionally and made certain notes difficult to play. He now plays a Couf artist 2 refaced by EZ with a .075 opening, and he hasn't had any squeaks or difficulty playing any notes.

I'm giving him a NOS Tone Edge refaced and opened by EZ to .090 with a softer reed tomorrow and see how that works out.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have three mouthpieces, all hard rubber. The best for the TT - for me - is the Barone Jazz. I keep the Morgan for my Martin and the Ebolin in reserve.

Why the Barone? The two saxes have different diamater corks, so I have been forced to make a choice.The mellow sound of the Barone seems to go with the sax and works well for quartet and concert band. Other posters may (just possibly ;) ) differ.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't play alto so much, but when i do I use a metal Selmer Jazz C*. It works ok for me and I haven't had the time to look for a new one..

·
Registered
957 Posts
If an Aristocrat serie one is considered as a True Tone, I play a Morgan 5L with vando ZZ3 on it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,263 Posts
My true tone played perfectly in tune with the stock Buescher mouthpiece. I also enjoyed playing it with an old Selmer C* airflow (with the metal band) from the 30's. Definitely, not a modern sound with either of these pieces though.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
I have an old, worn French mouthpiece with a metal band and a squared off window like a clarinet piece that plays similar to the stock Buescher with less stuffiness and resistance.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Another nod to the Selmer Soloist. I use a C** in particular with a java reed. It really brings the piece to life! Not too bright, but not too dark either! Great combination for the True Tones!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts