Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
It looks like an older version of the current A521 series. Hard to tell for sure from the pics. Could be the student model. Newer models have an "A" in the circle of the body/bell brace and a triangular logo with the word "Antigua" on the bell. Older models, like the one shown, just had "Antigua Winds" in script on the bell.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
The pictures are not great, but based on
hard box case
engraved removable bell
High F#

Is say it was a 520LQ. Its not a 521, they have the "big bell", which this doesnt.

HOWEVER THE PICTURES DONT MATCH!!!

look at the shot of the whole thing, the right hand pinky F# key is oval (as on my 520), but in the close up it a round typewriter button

OVAL aux F#, cant really see the engraving, but this looks like a 520

Round F# button...not sure what this is!

Also on the other picture the bell brace looks like it has sort of a rounded rod section, but Ive never seen an Antigua with anything other than a flat plate section to the bell brace, so in short the pictures dont add up.

I'd seek clarification and fresh pictures, but with 2h left if it stays at that sort of price it might be worth a punt on it anyway. I wouldnt chase it too far north of $200 though given the uncertainty and general value of these horns, and the fact that there are usually one or two a week come up on ebay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Great info. I passed on it. I think it worth spending a little more on a known item, and from someone on the board.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have another one I am trying to verify the model.

Look here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170149255623&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:US:11

The seller says it is a A501 Alto, but the A501 is a Tenor model number. I asked the seller twice and tried to correct him. I even pasted the link to the Antigua website for the A501.

Since the seller doesn't seem to know his own horn, I will ask the group is this an Alto or a Tenor?

If it is an Alto, what model is it A520 or A521?

Thanks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
My guess is its a 520...which is what the lister has decided it is too now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts