Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many to choose from. What would you like to recommend? I am interested in the metal piece. I've played a Mouthpiece Cafe's Espresso, and I like its focused sound, but I want to experiment something different.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I thought that the Espresso was a Soloist copy and not in the Link tradition. This would mean that it plays with much more focus.
I believe the Bergonzi Slant Supreme to be a Link copy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
7,921 Posts
You can make a Link sound almost any way you want. Have you tried any?

·
Premium Member
18,612 Posts
I prefer Florida no USA Links (model of the 50's), but they are expensive. Current STM or NY STM can also work, depending on what you want. Best approach is to always play-test a MPC before you buy (but unfortunately that's not always possible).

·
Distinguished Colorful Mouthpiece Designer
1,019 Posts
I prefer Florida no USA Links (model of the 50's), but they are expensive. Current STM or NY STM can also work, depending on what you want. Best approach is to always play-test a MPC before you buy (but unfortunately that's not always possible).
Depending on how they play... if they play. I bought two Links (STM and STM NY) some time ago for comparison purposes and was really disappointed. I spent lot of time and money to make them playable. Now they are 24k gold plated and play as a Link should play. Since the comparison is ended both are now for sale @ a bargain price.

Stan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts