Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont normally do this but I picked up an older Keilwerth supposedly playable for 300. It has the older honey lacquer and JKeilworth with big J and K across the bell. I'll try to get a pic. If it plays should be fine for a student K

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,981 Posts
I found auction...it's an ST 90. Question is, is it an asian ST 90 or is it one of the first incarnations which were made at Amati, CZ ?

Does it read ROC anywhere on it ? Maybe near serial # ???

·
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea, I got it on a lark. I liked the last Keilwerth I tried. This one might be a joke. Who knows.Merry xmas to me? K

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,847 Posts
Keilwerth ST are not bad horns and some were made by Keilwerth, some others were made by Amati with Keilwerth parts, Some others were made completely by Amati and some were made by Jupiter.

in ANY case if you didn’t pay much will be worth it. Even KHC Jupiters are not bad, just worth very little because the market doesn’t like them.

·
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the horn. Lots of problems. Neck cork was so old It crumbled when I tried to put on my mouthpiece. No stuff it or neck plug so just lucky the octave pip wasn't bent. lastly the set screw to tighten down the neck is broken off inside the mechanism. So If I kept it have to deal with that.? I've heard these on You tube and the tone can be good? Hard to tell which ST 90 this is . It says ROC ? Republic if china?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts