Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, right now I'm stuck between which college to go to. Im stuck between Jacobs Schoo of Music at IU and Butler University. The thing is, I'm on the waitlist at Jacobs so I might make it in or I might have to practice for a semester or a year and then retry out and hopefully make it in. The pros of Butler are that it's smaller so I would get more one on one attention and I could excel and get many opportunities to play. But at Jacobs, although it's huge, I would have to push myself very very hard to excel, but if I did that, I could end up being better than I would be being the best at Butler. Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,596 Posts
I don't know the schools or the teachers there, but ultimately it is a very personal choice - what works for someone else may or may not work for you. You seem to have a good grasp of the plusses and minuses, although it seems like the advantages you identify at Butler are more definite and tangible than the "if" and "could" advantages you identify at Jacobs. There may not be a "wrong" choice here. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts