Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

What is the best Way to connect my VoiceLive2 to my Mixer?

Using a Female XLR to Male JACK CABLE?

OR
Using a Female XLR to Male XLR cable?

---Here is my Mixer.

---Here is my VoiceLive2

Thank you very much

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,919 Posts
Presumably the outputs from the Voicelive2 are line level, not mic level, so you don't want to connect them to the mic inputs on the mixer, but to the line inputs which are jack by the look of it.

If they are balanced outputs/inputs then use stereo jack to jack leads or XLR to stereo jack leads.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pete brother hi....

Thanks so much for the lights !!! I will look in the manuals and post again, if the Jacks are balanced or not !!!

Wish you all the best.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,919 Posts
One more thing, if you find you want or need to wire unbalanced to balanced or vice versa, there are specific ways to configure the leads.

A simple guide is to wire the hot lead to the centre pin of the jack and connect shield and together and wiring them together to the other leg of the jack, although there are some alternative methods, I won't go into as it's confusing, USA is different to Europe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more thing, if you find you want or need to wire unbalanced to balanced or vice versa, ..................

Cold to GND

By the way Line Ins in Channel 1 & 2 of the mixing console (picture in 1st post) are balanced !!!

In the VoiceLive2, The XLR and TRS (1/4”) produce the same balanced audio output.

·
Registered
599 Posts
You should be able to use an XLR ---> XLR cable. Use the "gain" control to attenuate the signal to where you aren't getting clipping, as indicated by the red clipping LED for the channel.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Just use a standard guitar cable. There is no reason to worry about balanced at the short distances you are working with. While XLR would be a more reliable connector, the XLR inputs on that console will not handle the higher line level signal coming out of that pedal.

Some consoles can handle line levels on their XLR inputs. That yamaha series cannot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some consoles can handle line levels on their XLR inputs. That yamaha series cannot.
It CAN. User's Manual states that the Line1 and Line2 are mono Balanced TRS Line level Jacks !!!!

So I decided to solder my DIY cables.... Now I am done...

Thanks all for your feedback guys !

Take care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts