Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Alto: YAS-62S Conn Trany 6M Jupiter JAS-868 JAS-769 / Tenor: YTS-23 & 52 P. Mauriat 66R Holton 241
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,486 Posts
probably too early but it could be from the mexican factory, but i doubt that, perhaps it was buffed up so much that the engraving vanished and then relacquered in the 80s or somethin?

·
Registered
706 Posts
it is a transitional with underslung neck not a 6m..
it is ok not having the naked lady
would be interested on the horn if you wanted to sell it...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
It is a transitional and they came in many formats.
You could find 6m style with no engraving, Chu style with naked lady and so on. I have a transitional bari 12M style, they are generally very good horns. If you are not worried about looks thats a great horn for the money.

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,328 Posts
Definitely a nice score, Luis! As the above posters have said, it is common for the transitional period horns to have different styles of engraving, all the day down to some of them simply saying "CG Conn" on the bell and nothing else. They are great horns (I might even say better than the Chu or 6M...), as I am sure you are finding out, and you got it for a good price.

For more on the transitionals, check http://www.saxpics.com/conn/transitional.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.