Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slightly confused as to where to post a heads up to an ebay listing. There's a forum called ebay listings, but members can't post there.

(This is not my item, just one I want to draw attention to)

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Good question Pete, and you're right; that is confusing.

To clarify: The correct place to post an eBay listing is in the correct Marketplace sub-forum under Horns and Equipment Wanted & For Sale. Our Marketplace Rules and Regulations state that the words “Auction” or “Ebay” must be specified in the thread's title and no description or photos are needed, only a link to the auction.

Now the eBay Listings forum is not for members to post in it (though it seems that you can reply to threads) but for the eBay Listing Bot to do its job which is post eBay listings, which in turn generates more content and hyperlink to rank up SOTW in the search engine results.

It has been a while since I spoke to Harri about this, but the last time that I did, this eBay Listing bot was still in experimental mode.

I hope that helps clarify some.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question Pete, and you're right; that is confusing.

To clarify: The correct place to post an eBay listing is in the correct Marketplace sub-forum under Horns and Equipment Wanted & For Sale.
That makes sense if it's my ebay listing, but if I'm flagging up someone else's, is that still the place?

I tend to think the automatic ebay listing bot thing is a bit irrelevant. Do we need/want it?

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
If the listing isn’t yours but that you just want to share someone else’s, I guess that you could always specify it in the Marketplace ad, but personally I don’t see why I would want to do that (because I’m not such a nice person, I guess :bluewink: )

I know that it would probably make more sense to flag someone else’s auction in the eBay Listings forum provided that it would be open for the membership to post into – but then, that would really be confusing.

FWIW, I don’t see the necessity of this eBay Listings forum either – Maybe that Harri could enlighten us more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts