Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Im going to Amsterdam for the weekend with a very dear friend of mine, and since neither of us have ever been there before, I wondered if some of you might have some good suggestions of places to go to hear good music and have a good time...Also, if you happen to know of a good sax-shop/tech in amsterdam, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

John

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,365 Posts
Amsterdam Winds in the 'Pype' area is good & nice guys to chat to too...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi everyone!

Im going to Amsterdam for the weekend with a very dear friend of mine, and since neither of us have ever been there before, I wondered if some of you might have some good suggestions of places to go to hear good music and have a good time...Also, if you happen to know of a good sax-shop/tech in amsterdam, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

John
Don't miss out on visiting the Cafe Alto , off Leidesplein

http://www.amsterdam.info/music/cafe-alto/

Shame you are not there on Wedneasday evening as Hans Dulfer( Candy's father ) plays there then .

The house trio are excellent , and have guest musicians , good Jazz, all for the price of a beer. Can get crowded!, but audience constantly changes , so you can move up into seating after a while - Enjoy!

Also recommend

Restaurant d’ theeboom, Amsterdam
Address: Singel 210, 1016 AB, Amsterdam
Phone: 020 623 8420
7 days from 6pm-10pm
www.theeboom.com

For fine French Rhone Valley regional cooking at it's best - Proprietor ,Georges, is fastidious! Set meals are a reasonable price , BUT BOOK!!

Wish I was there!!

Bloiwhard2

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello,

www.bimhuis.nl is also a nice place to hear some great music. It´s near central station.
Next monday night Miguel Zenon-altsax, Luis Perdomo-piano, Hans Glawischnig-bas, Henry Cole-drums. Miguel is a great alto player!!

If you want to try a inderbinen alto sax you can go to www.saxtrader.nl
The shop is near Amsterdam.
And for borgani saxophones and selmers you can go to www.amsterdamwinds.nl

Keep swinging!

Jacco

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoa...:)

Thanks for all the great suggestions...-Ill be sure to check them all out , and tell you about them when i get back next week...

Keep 'em coming:D

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts