Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

In october I will spend two weeks in Japan and I'm wondering if it makes sense to look for a Yanagisawa soprano in Tokyo.
Has anyone an advice about prices, shops, opportunities?

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Go to the Yanagisawa factory, I know lots of people who have bought horns and mouthpieces there. Apparently they have a great selection and they will even set up your horn for you with the key tension you like. In my opinion they make the best sopranos out there so you can't go wrong. you can find their address on their website good luck.

http://www.yanagisawasax.co.jp/en/about/yanagisawa/

make sure you call in advance to make an appointment.

good luck.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,862 Posts
There is a very nice Yani S6 at the shop I work for...I think they are asking about $1100 for it with a complete overhaul.
I have seen it and it looks good.

The shop is in Fukuoka, in the southern island of Kyushu. The store name is Sound Gakki.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much!

Do you - or anyone else - know anything about prices?

I hope that a Yani in Japan will be cheaper than in Europe, but actually I have no idea. Just to give you a number, I paid my laquered A992 with a Yani metal mpc € 3.000...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,862 Posts
Halloween:D
This is not the best picture, either....

·
Registered
11 Posts
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/windbros/

I found this site last night while poking around the web for info on one of my horns. They seem like a really nice sax shop, and their website shows a huge collection of saxophones including Yanagisawa models. They also have a lot of other odds and ends like vintage mouthpieces.

They're located in Shibuya District.

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
The BEST place to buy a Yani? Well, I think the first reply was the best here--about going to the factory...It's right in Tokyo...as for other places to buy horns new and used...Here is my super list:

Wind Bros.: Shibuya station, JR west gate walk out and turn left, up the overpass and it's in the building in front of you...you can see it from the overpass....

Yamaha: Ginza store, Shibuya store

Yamano Gakki: Ginza

Ishibashii Gakki: Shinjuku store

Ishimori Gakki: Okubou

Kurosawa Gakki: Shin Okubou

ChukouGakki: Shin Okubou

Music Life Tao: Shin Okubou

Dolce Gakki: Shinjuku west gate...

DAC: Shin Okubou

These stores are all awesome for inventory and the people will all be quite helpful(except for the oniisan at Wind bros. who insists on playing the stereo in the showroom while people are trying very very expensive horns with the intent to buy...) ...Saiaku!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you very much - domo arigato !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts