Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a decent tuner that I can buy at a retail music store? I live in Myrtle Beach SC, and I want to keep it under $100. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You can also get APPS for your cell phone that do it. I use the Petersen Strobotuner for iPhone. Works amazingly well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Perhaps the small cassette sized one Bruce Bailey was referring to above may be the Korg Chromatic Tuner CA-30, which I believe I bought for under $20. It is basic, very reliable and easy to use.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
3,286 Posts
Yep, I use an iphone app called "Chromatic Tuner" or something similar that is brilliant.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The Korg tuners suggested above, as with many of the $20 range tuners, are not back-lit and are difficult to see in low light or at an angle.
The Boss Tuner that I have had for twenty years that works flawlessly in all applications, is no longer produced. I guess making something that durable is not good for the business model.

Anyway..this looks like it has all the goodies and is super inexpensive:
http://accessories.musiciansfriend....0XL-Traditional-Mic-and-Plug-Tuner?sku=485928

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
831 Posts

·
Über Geek, Forum Contributor 2010 Distinguished SO
3,841 Posts
And if all these are too expensive, you could always use the ones attached to your head...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts