Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm familiar with the usual ebay and Reverb. CL and FB marketplace seem promising. Maybe there is another thread (or threads) here already addressing this, thay I can't find.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,469 Posts
Once you've been here long enough, and have an adequate posting history, you can buy, sell and trade mouthpieces with members here. Heck, my favorite mouthpiece of all time was secured here in a trade with another member many, many years ago. Just whatever you do, when trading or buying without a return policy, insist on only unaltered mouthpieces. That way if what you pick up doesn't work for you, you'll have an easier time passing it on for the same value paid.

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
Saxalley, PM Woodwind, and JunkDude. Also, there are numerous Facebook groups where sax equipment is sold if you are on there.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,969 Posts
Yup. It doesn’t help much now, but the forum marketplace is probably the best and most diverse selection of used pieces. Like most shops you can’t try before you buy unless you happen to be in the same area, but as far as prices, selection, and upfront sellers/ quality transactions: it’s probably the best available place to look. Bad sellers don’t hang around long even if they make it through the wait period to access the marketplace. I’ve had many good transactions with a number of forum members.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have had a very good experience buying from Junkdude Music. They have a very good selection and they are both very friendly and helpful. Brian at getasax.com also sells used mouthpieces and he is also great. Horned Toad is an expert on vintage Links and is on this forum. I have not bought from him but I know someone who has a Reso he worked on and it is a fabulous piece. I agree the marketplace is a great resource.
Kritavi and 10MFan sell on the forum and are both excellent sellers who have lots of selection.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've had luck buying some of the rarer mouthpieces at nice prices from Otto on his personal site:

http://www.saxmundstykker.dk/mouthpieces.html

He updates the selections periodically, is a cool and knowledgeable guy and is very reasonable when negotiating the final price. I was able to buy a vintage Beechler Diamond Dot and a Dukoff Crystallite for about half of the going rates on eBay. He's located in Denmark, if that matters (for shipping considerations).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts